What You Need
continue reading below
- 1/2-inch-diameter dowel
- 2-1/2-inch-diameter wheel
- Wood glue
- Seven wooden beads
- Small candle cup
How to Make It
- Measure and cut paper into a 9-inch square.
- Fold the square in half horizontally, then in half vertically.
- Rotate the folded square so that the center point is at the top, then fold the square in thirds vertically.
- Cut out snowflake openings along the folded sides and trim the bottom edge as desired.
- Unfold the snowflake and punch a hole in one paper point for hanging. Note: If you do not want the folds to show, use the folded and cut snowflake for a template, trace it onto paper, and cut out using a crafts knife.
- Glue the dowel into the hole in the center of the wheel; let dry.
- Place two narrow lines of wood glue along opposite sides of the length of dowel, then thread the wooden beads onto the dowel.
- Wipe away any excess glue.
- Glue the candle cup onto the end of the dowel.