What You Need:
- Green bendable polymer clay, such as
- Sculpey Bake & Bend; baking sheet; foil
- Small piece of thin cardboard
- Assorted wooden blocks
- Crafts glue, such as Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- White wrapping paper; newspapers
- Frosted glass finishing spray, such as Krylon, in green and red; spray paints in metallic gold and copper
- 2 large sheets of crafts foam; crafts sponge
- Acrylic paints in red, green, and metallic gold; paper towels
- Matte finishing spray; scissors; card stock in red, green, white, and brushed gold; double-sided tape; metallic gold leafing pen
- 1/8-inch hole punch; gold eyelets; eyelet tool; ribbon as desired
How to Make It:
- To make stamps, knead and warm clay with hands. Using the shapes as shown in the photos and patterns, roll clay into long thin ropes; shape clay.
- Lay shapes right side down on baking sheet lined with foil. Using a thin piece of cardboard, cover each shape one at a time and gently press evenly on the back of the shape to form an even stamping surface.
- Bake clay as directed by the manufacturer; let cool. Glue shapes right side down to wooden blocks; let dry overnight.
- To make wrapping paper, lay paper flat over a newspaper-covered work surface, securing the corners of paper with heavy objects. Alternate spraying green and red frosted glass finishing sprays. Or alternate spraying metallic gold spray with copper spray. Let dry.
- To stamp images, lay two sheets of crafts foam under the section of wrapping paper to be stamped. Moisten stamp shape with a crafts sponge saturated with acrylic paint. Stamp image on paper and remoisten stamp with paint for each stamping. Wipe stamp clean with a wet paper towel when changing colors or after use. When dry, apply two coats of matte finish.
- To make tags, cut out card-stock shapes. Cut out and adhere pieces of wrapping paper using double-sided tape. Attach a second layer of card stock trimmed with a gold leafing pen. Punch a hole in the top of tags. Attach gold eyelets to the holes using an eyelet tool. Finish with ribbon ties and bows.