Make an Elegant Table Runner
Beading from a crafts store adds a dressy holiday finish to this elegant table runner.
continue reading below
How To Make It
- Determine the desired finished length of the table runner; subtract 6 inches.
- Cut an 11-inch-wide rectangle for the center of the runner from the white sheer fabric and the white lining fabric.
- Allow for 1/2-inch seam allowances. With wrong sides together, stitch the rectangles along the outside edges.
- From blue fabric, cut two 4-1/2-inch-wide side border strips 10 inches longer than the center section and two 4-1/2 X 21-inch end border strips for the ends.
- With right sides together, sew the side borders to the center, starting and stopping 1/2 inch from the short edges of the center section (each border will extend beyond the ends to allow for mitered corners).
- Press seam allowances away from the center section. Sew an end border strip to each short edge in the same manner.
- Press seam allowances toward the border strips. Miter the corners; trim excess fabric, and press seam allowances open.
- Use the pieced front as a pattern for the matching bottom.
- Pin and sew beaded trim to the runner's ends.
- With right sides together, sew the front to the back, leaving a 3-inch opening on one end.
- Trim seams and corners.
- Turn the table runner right side out; press.
- Slip-stitch the opening closed.