Festive White Pillow
A plump color-reversed pillow stands out with red felt behind the cutout tree shapes.
How to Make It
- For the pillow front, cut a 17-1/2-x-14-inch rectangle and a 17-1/2-x-4-inch rectangle of white felt.
- Cut a 17-1/2-x-3/4-inch strip of red felt and use the scalloped-edge scissors to trim a decorative edge along one long side.
- Sandwich the strip of red felt between the white felt rectangles and sew together using a 1/4-inch seam allowance.
- Trace a small tree shape onto the back side of the pillow front and cut out the opening.
- Trace a large tree shape onto red felt and cut out.
- Cut a 4-1/2-inch long strip of white felt using the scalloped-edge scissors on each long edge.
- Glue the white felt strip on the back side of the tree-shape opening followed by the red felt tree shape.
- For the pillow back, cut two 17-1/2-x-9-inch rectangles of white felt.
- With right sides together, stitch the pillow back to the pillow front using a 1/4-inch seam allowance, overlapping the pillow back pieces at the center back to create an opening for the pillow form.
- Turn right side out and insert pillow form.
Note: For a more permanent pillow, substitute the fabric glue with needle and thread.