What You Need
- 1 yard of red felt
- Scraps of white felt
- Fabric glue
- Red pom-pom trim
- Matching sewing thread
- 16-inch pillow form
How to Make It
- For the pillow front, cut a 17-1/2-inch square of red felt.
- Cut a tree pattern twice onto the back side of the pillow front and cut out the tree-shape openings.
- Cut a 4-1/2-x-10-1/2-inch rectangle of white felt.
- Glue the white rectangle strip onto the back side of the pillow front, covering the tree-shape openings.
- Cut a few pom-poms from the trim and glue them onto the trees.
- Sew a 17-1/2-inch length of pom-pom trim across the pillow front.
- For the pillow back, cut two 17-1/2-x-9-inch rectangles of red felt.
- With right sides together, stitch the pillow back to the pillow front using a 1/4-inch seam allowance, overlapping the back pieces at the center back to create an opening for the pillow form.
- Turn right side out and insert pillow form.
Note: For a more permanent pillow, substitute the fabric glue with needle and thread.