Christmas Felt Place Mat for a Cranberry Table Setting
Make this red and green felt place mat to accent a Christmas table setting decorated with cranberries and fresh evergreens.
What You'll Need:
- Red and green felt
- Embroidery floss to match red felt
- Sewing thread to match red felt
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing machine
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- For each place mat, cut a red felt rectangle a size that fits your table. Cut a green felt rectangle 1 inch larger on all sides.
- Enlarge the holly leaf patterns; cut out the patterns. Pin the patterns to a corner of the red felt rectangle; cut out to make openings.
- Cut 1/2-inch-diameter circles from red felt; tack them in place with red embroidery floss, tying knots with short tails on each berry. Trim the floss ends.
- Use embroidery floss and needle to sew a running stitch through the center of each holly leaf.
- Center the red wool layer on the green rectangle; topstitch the layers together.