What You Need:
- Tracing paper or copier
- Pencil; scissors
- Red, blue, yellow, and white felt scraps
- Sharp pinking shears
- Sharp paper punch
- Fabric-marking pen; fabrics glue
- Embroidery floss to match felt
- Three 7-inch lengths thin metallic cord
How to Make It:
- Trace or copy desired pattern and cut out. Decide which colors to use for top and middle layers of ornaments. Consider whether to cut with straight-edge scissors or pinking shears.
- With fabric-marking pen, trace around pattern onto top felt piece, cutting two to make ornaments two-sided. Lay pattern onto center felt color and cut one piece slightly larger than the pattern piece.
- Using the same color of floss as the larger center piece of felt, stitch running stitches and long straight stitches on both smaller pieces. Use all six strands of embroidery floss.
- Fold cord in half to make hanging loop, and glue it to the top back of one smaller shape. Glue stitched pieces to both sides of the larger center piece.