- Standard red pillowcase
- Sewing machine and color coordinating thread
- 1-1/2 yards of maxi rickrack for edge
- 1-1/2 yards each of 5 different medium to jumbo rickrack in green, white, red
- Embroidery floss in assorted shades of red, white, green
- Sewing needle
1. Machine-stitch maxi rickrack along the bottom edge of the pillowcase so half of the rickrack shows.
2. Space the five other rickrack colors 1 inch apart and baste around the pillowcase.
3. Embroider rickrack with shades of floss using lazy daisy, French knots, reverse herringbone, zigzag, and chain stitches, referring to the photo as a guide. (Download the free stitch guide for instructions.)