Easy-to-Make Felt Purse
Every little girl would love this adorable purse made from snowy white felt. Make it in an evening for the little one on your list.
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Wash the white felt and let it air-dry.
- To make the pattern, tape the long end of one sheet of paper to the long end of the next; add the third sheet of paper in the same way.
- Use scissors to cut the top piece of the pattern into a V that will become the purse flap.
- Place the paper on the white felt and cut all around.
- Fold the bottom third of the felt over the middle third; stitch the sides together using a blanket embroidery stitch, to create the purse pouch. Also stitch around the V for a cohesive look.
- Cut four petal shapes from red felt and glue them to the point of the V.
- Stitch a button in the center to finish.
- To make the handle, cover the cording with a scrap of white felt and glue the ends shut.
- Stitch the handle neatly to the back side of the bag.