Easy Handmade Holiday Dishes
Plain ceramic mugs and plates become festive dinnerware when embellished with any holiday-theme rubber stamp and nontoxic paint markers.
What You Need
- Oven-safe ceramic plates and mugs
- Lint-free towel
- Rubber stamps: Christmas tree and holiday greeting
- Black ink pad
- Tracing paper
- Graphite paper
- Nontoxic paint markers: black, green, red, and silver
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Wash the dishes in warm soapy water; rinse thoroughly and dry with a lint-free towel.
- Stamp the tree and lettering designs onto tracing paper.
- Transfer the stamped tree design onto the center front of each mug and the center of each plate with graphite paper.
- Paint the tree green and the base red with markers. Add black details and a silver star at the top of each tree.
- Transfer the desired holiday greeting around the edges of the plates. (The greeting was arranged in two lines on the stamp we used, but we made it into a single line when we transferred it onto the plates.)
- Use a black marker to go over the transferred greetings.
- Let the dishes cure for 24 hours.
- Bake in a 300-degree oven (do not preheat oven) for 35 minutes. We recommend hand-washing the dishes.