- White, bright red, dark red, dark blue, and aqua felt
- Embroidery floss in complementary hues
- Assorted vintage buttons
- 1/4-inch-wide red grossgrain ribbon
- Turquoise and red yarns
- Small pom-pom maker
1. Cut grosgrain ribbon to desired length and then create as many two-ply flowers as desired to fill out the length.
2. Embellish each flower with smaller felt flowers and a button or two. Use fabric glue to adhere the flowers together; stitch buttons to flower centers.
3. Make 1-inch-diameter yarn pom-poms, following pom-pom maker instructions. Using an embroidery needle, thread pom-poms onto ribbon. Place flowers between pom-poms. To easily arrange the garland elements, attach them with stitches looped over (instead of through) the ribbon first.
4. Hang the garland, select the final position of flowers and pom-poms, and then permanently attach them by stitching through the forms and ribbon. Attach dangling flowers by stitching at the top of a petal.