continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Bake pinecones on aluminum-foil covered cookie sheet at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool. (This opens up the pinecones and kills any insects.)
- Using the handsaw, remove the bottom end of the pinecones. On a protected surface, spray-paint the pinecones and fir branches gold (apply three coats, allowing drying time between each coat).
- Apply tacky glue to the tips of a pinecone and sprinkle with gold glitter.
- Gently shake pinecone to remove excess glitter. Let dry.
- Repeat steps for remaining pinecones.
- Hot-glue pinecones and fir branches to feather wreath.