Cozy Santa Christmas Blanket
Snuggle up and dream of a white Christmas with this cozy fleece blanket, which starts with a premade throw and our free pattern.
0 did it
What You'll Need
- Tracing paper
- 1/4 yard of red plaid fleece
- Scraps of fleece: green plaid, solid green, beige, and white
- Scrap of faux sheepskin
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Black thread
- Solid blue fleece blanket
- Two 1/4-inch black buttons
- Three 1/4-inch red buttons
- Two 1-inch green buttons
- One 1-inch red button
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Download and print the free pattern and placement diagram. Enlarge patterns to size and trace onto tracing paper; cut out.
- Use the patterns to cut the shapes from fleece pieces and sheepskin:
- Hat pom-pom, jacket: red plaid fleece
- Hat: green plaid
- Hat brim, jacket placket: sheepskin
- Face, nose: beige fleece
- Eyebrows, mustache, beard, snow: white fleece
- Holly leaves: green fleece.
- Position and pin the sheepskin placket to the jacket front. Zigzag-stitch the edge of each piece.
- Position and pin the jacket to the corner of the blanket. Zigzag-stitch in place.
- Position and pin the face, beard, eyebrows, nose, pom-pom, hat, brim, and snow in place. Zigzag-stitch the pieces to secure.
- Zigzag-stitch down the center of each leaf to sew the holly onto the hat. Clip all threads.
- Sew the button eyes, berries, and coat buttons in place.