What You Need:
- Scissors and ruler (optional)
- 2-inch circle paper punch (optional)
- Square paper punch in 2-inch and 5/8-inch sizes (optional)
- Pink and blue pastel muted scrapbook paper
- Brushed gold scrapbook paper
- Double-sided tape
- 18 kt gold leafing pen, such as Krylon
- 1/8-inch hole punch
- Gold scrapbook eyelets
- Eyelet setter and hammer
- Gold polyester cording
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Gold hoop earring wires
- Gold 6 mm beads
- Long-nose pliers
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Cut or punch out 2-inch circles and squares from pastel scrapbook paper. Cut or punch out 5/8-inch squares from gold scrapbook paper.
- Adhere pairs of large squares and circles together back-to-back using double-sided tape. Adhere small gold squares to the fronts (and backs if desired) of each large square and circle using double-sided tape.
- Edge each large square and circle with leafing pen. Punch a hole in the top of each square and circle. On a protected surface, add an eyelet with an eyelet setter and hammer.
- Space out small loops in gold cording approximately 2 inches apart, and hot-glue them in place. Attach the large squares and circles to the cording loops using the gold hoop earring wires. Add a gold bead to each wire. Bend the tip of the straight end of each hoop earring up 1/16 inch using long-nose pliers. This will allow it to catch and fasten in the other end of the earring wire.