How to Make a Burst of Beauty Wreath
Make an elegant and elaborate wreath filled with red roses and fresh greens that will stand out amidst your Christmas decor.
What you need:
- 18-inch grapevine wreath
- Florist's wire
- Florist's picks
- Fresh evergreens
- Small flower vials
- 18 "Red Intuition" roses
- 12 "Hocus Pocus" roses
- Red ball ornaments
- Fresh cranberries
- Small bunches of fresh hypericum and pepper berries
- 2 dozen pussy willow twigs
continue reading below
How to make it:
- Start with a pre-made grapevine wreath. Use florist's wire to make small bunches of fresh evergreens, such as juniper and variegated pittosporum.
- Generously attach bunches to the grapevine until covered. At a floral shop, purchase small flower vials, fill with water, then add one rose to each.
- Insert the pointed ends of the vials into the grapevine, concentrating most of the larger "Red Intuition" roses on one side. Add water to the vials every day to keep the roses alive.
- Using florist's wire, attach shiny red ball ornaments to florist's picks. Thread fresh cranberries onto florist's wire, and tie them around the red ball ornaments.
- Insert the picks of the cranberry-decorated ornaments into the grapevine form.
- Wire small bunches of fresh hypericum and pepper berries to attach to the form.
- Extend the twigs, (half on each side of the largest grouping of roses) into broad arcs reach about 25 inches long, creating the shape of a C.
- If you're using this wreath outdoors, wire the pussy willows in place. But they'll stay put indoors without wire if you tuck the ends into the grapevine wreath.
- For a dried wreath: Follow instructions, but omit the vials of water for dried roses. Add wire to the rose stems and insert them into the grapevine form. Glue dried cranberries in a circle around the red balls. Use various types and textures of dried evergreens and berries.