Christmas Holly Napkin Ring
Make this simple holly napkin ring with felt and jingle bells to bring cheer to the Christmas table.
What You'll Need:
- Tracing paper
- Wool felt: 1 sheet each of green and white
- 1 sheet of embossed red velvet felt
- Scissors: straight and scallop-edge
- Fabrics glue
- Hand-sewing needle and matching threads
- Small red jingle bells
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- 3/8-inch-wide red-and-white check ribbon
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Trace the holly leaf patterns onto tracing paper. Cut out the shapes.
- For each napkin ring, trace three small leaves onto green felt and three large leaves onto white. Cut out the leaves with straight scissors.
- Glue a green leaf centered on each white leaf with fabrics glue; let dry.
- To add dimension, pinch the wide end of each leaf to make a small fold. Secure the fold with a single stitch. Pinch the wide ends of the leaves together on the back to make the stems, referring to the photo.
- Sew the stems together, wrap the thread around the stems two or three times, and knot. Trim the stems as needed.
- Use the scallop-edge scissors to cut a 1-3/4x7-1/2-inch strip of embossed red velvet felt for each napkin ring. Overlap the ends of the embossed red velvet strip, forming a ring; sew the overlapped area to secure.
- Position leaves on the overlapped area of the ring, and sew in place. Hot-glue three bells to the center of the leaves for the berries.
- Cut a 9-inch length of ribbon. Fold the ribbon, making two loops (refer to the photo); secure with a tack stitch.
- Fold the looped ribbon in half and make a tack stitch near the fold. Tuck the ribbon under the leaves with the loops on top; sew the ribbon in place.