Make a Christmas Memory Board
Learn how to make a memory board that will serve as a beautiful backdrop to your favorite Christmas cards.
- Bulletin board with wooden frame
- Blue acrylic paint
- Luminescent embossing powder
- White quilted fabric
- Spray adhesive
- 1/2-inch-wide blue and white ribbons
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Computer, printer, and white card stock
- Small crystal frame
- 4 decorative push pins
- 1-1/4 yards of 5-inch-wide wire-edge ribbon
continue reading below
- Paint the bulletin board frame using blue paint and embossing powder. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of quilted fabric to cover the cork area. Spray the back of the fabric with adhesive, place it on the cork and press into place.
- Cut ribbon to stretch diagonally across the board.
- Weave ribbons over and under; staple ends to the frame. Cut ribbon and beaded trim to the edge cork.
- Lay ribbon over the fabric edges and woven ribbon ends; hot-glue in place.
- Use a computer to print a message in coordinating ink on white card stock, sizing the text to fit the crystal frame.
- Cut out the message and insert in frame. Hot-glue the frame on the center of the board.
- To finish, tie a bow of wire-edge ribbon to the center top. Place push pins at ribbon intersections to hold cards.