Christmas Card Banner
Keep your cute Christmas cards to craft a beautiful banner for the holidays.
- Old Christmas greeting cards
- Patterned paper: green-and-white check
- Glue stick or double-sided adhesive tape
- 1/4-yard of sailcloth fabric: red
- Pinking shears
- 1-1/2 yards of 5/8-inch-wide grosgrain ribbon: red
- Fabric glue
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Six 5/8-inch-diameter buttons: red
1. On white paper, draw a triangle that measures 4-1/2 inches wide at the base and 4-1/2 inches tall; draw another triangle 1/4-inch larger all around. Cut out the triangle patterns.
2. Using a pencil, trace three large triangles on greeting card fronts, two large triangles on green-and-white check paper, and two small triangles on greeting card messages. Cut out the triangles.
3. Glue or tape message triangles to green-and-white check triangles. Glue or tape the five finished triangles to sailcloth, leaving at least 2 inches between shapes. Using pinking shears, cut out all triangles, leaving a 1-inch border at the tops and a 1/4-inch border at each side.
4. Referring to photo, place triangles in a horizontal row as shown. Center ribbon across top of 1-inch borders of triangles; using fabric glue, adhere ribbon in place. Let glue dry. Machine-zigzag-stitch ribbon to the triangles, sewing along the full length of the ribbon. Hot-glue a red button to ribbon between triangles and at the beginning and end of the ribbon length.