Hang Advent Stockings on the Christmas Tree
Countdown to Santa's arrival by making these easy stockings to hang on the Christmas tree.
What You'll Need:
- 24 sheets of 8-1/2x11-inch decorative card stock
- Glue for paper
- Decorative embellishments (buttons, rickrack, ribbon, or others)
- Marker or number rubber stamps and ink pad
- 24 round metal-rim tags
- Small-hole punch
- 1 yard of thin silver string
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Lightly trace the stocking template onto card stock 48 times; cut out. Apply a thin layer of glue around the edges of one stocking, avoiding the top edge. Place a second stocking shape over the first; press gently. Repeat to make 24 stockings. Decorate each stocking with embellishments.
- Write or stamp numbers 1 through 24 onto the metal-rim tags; set aside. Punch a small hole in the top corner of each stocking and through the top of each tag. Cut the thin silver string into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Thread a piece of string through a tag and then through the hole in a stocking; tie into a knot. Repeat to finish all 24 stockings.