What You'll Need:
- 1 sheet of metallic card stock, choice of color
- 1 sheet of metallic silver card stock
- Metallic silver paper
- Glitter, 1-2 colors
- 6-inch piece of wire
- Circle cutter and mat
- Wire cutter
- Nail polish remover and soft cloth, optional
- Glue stick
- Peel-and-stick double-sided tape (must have the peeling)
- Envelope or vellum and tracing paper
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Cut a 4-inch circle from metallic card stock.
3. Trace the patterns on tracing paper; cut out. Trace around ornament cap twice on silver paper; cut out.
4. Cut a 5 x 2-inch rectangle from silver card stock. Cover the back of the rectangle with double-sided tape, then cut three curvy lines.
5. Wrap wire around something round, such as a large marking pen, at least twice to form the hanger; cut wire piece to include a complete circle.
6. Tape one ornament cap to front of ornament. With ornament face down, put glue on ornament cap and attach wire ring. Align and glue second cap with front cap.
7. For ornament with curves, peel off paper and apply them to the front of ornament, leaving spaces in between to let the metallic background show through. Trim the outer edges of the wavy strips even with the round ornament.
8. Fill in spaces with glue; sprinkle glitter on the glue, shaking off any excess. Let dry. If you get glue or adhesive on the ornament, wipe it clean with nail polish remover and a soft cloth.