Materials and Tools
- 8-1/2-x-11-inch sheet of patterned card stock
- Glue stick
- 3-1/4-x-7-3/4-inch rectangle of coordinating scrapbook paper
- 1/8-inch hole punch
- 14-inch length of 1/8-inch-wide ribbon or cording
- Clear tape
- Sets of large and slightly smaller letters to spell the desired words (Note: Select letters of the same typeface so that when stacked, the larger letters will form an outline around the smaller letters.)
- Tacky crafts glue
- Colored business-size envelope
1. Cut an 8-x-8-1/2-inch rectangle from the patterned card stock. Fold the rectangle in half to make a 4-x-8-1/2-inch card.
2. Use the glue stick to mount the 3-1/4-x-7-3/4-inch rectangle of paper to the front of the card.
3. Use the hole punch to make holes in the card front about 1/2 inch below the top center and 1/2 inch above the bottom center. With the ribbon on the front of the card, thread the ribbon ends through the holes. Tape the ribbon ends in place on the inside of the card.
4. Arrange the letters on the front of the card so there's an equal amount of space between them. Glue the large letters to the ribbon, being careful not to glue the letters to the front of the card. Use a toothpick to apply a small amount of glue to each letter. Then glue the small letters, centered, on the large letters. If you like, you can glue the large letters under the ribbon and the small letters on top of the ribbon. When you glue the letters together, the ribbon will be sandwiched between them. Let the glue dry. Then use the colorful envelope for giving.