Easy & Creative Holiday Gift Tags
These eye-catching gift tags are the perfect accompaniment for homemade, handcrafted, or purchased gifts. Our instructions and free patterns make them easy to finish in a flash.
Upload your photo here.
Give your holiday gifts even more personality with gift tags that show off sparkling holiday attitude. These clever designs provide the perfect finishing touch whether the gift is a homemade food specialty, a lovingly handcrafted creation, or a purchased gift that perfectly suits your recipient.
Colorful papers, pretty embellishments, a bit of ribbon, our instructions, and free patterns help you create gift tags that are almost as much fun as the gifts they adorn.
Bookmark Tree Tag
This gift tag can be used long after the gift is opened. As a festive bookmark, it keeps the holidays and the gift-giver in mind throughout the year.
- Purchase a blank bookmark with a prepunched hole from the crafts store, or cut a long rectangle from cardstock and punch a hole at the top. Place a grommet near the top, and thread a length of ribbon or string through the hole.
- Attach a self-adhesive fabric tree sticker near the bottom of the bookmark. Personalize the gift tag with the recipient's name and a holiday greeting.
Striped Gift Tag
Office supplies don't have to be boring. With string, tape, and ribbon, an ordinary paper tag takes on holiday color.
- Start with a purchased paper tag from an office supply or crafts store. Starting at the back, wrap a piece of red-striped washi tape around the tag, overlapping the ends slightly.
- Starting at the back, wrap a piece of red ribbon around the tag. Secure with glue, overlapping ends slightly on the back.
- Glue a red button to the top of the tag. Using a needle, string a length of red-and-white baker's twine through the button's holes, pulling the twine from back to front and to the back again. Tie a knot in the twine, and personalize the tag as desired.
- Cut a stocking shape from red cardstock. Cut a stocking top from white paper.
- Use a thin black marker to draw "stitches" around the stocking toe. Use a thin red marker to write the recipient's name on the stocking top; use dotted lines and add black dots at corners to resemble stitches.
- Glue the stocking top to the stocking body. Make a loop from thin green ribbon and glue ends to back of the stocking top.
Christmas Tree Tag
Plant a pretty forest among your packages with this easy tag.
- Cut a tall, narrow triangle from green cardstock. Cut a slightly smaller triangle from patterned scrapbooking paper. Cut a small square of brown paper for the trunk.
- Glue the patterned triangle to the cardstock triangle. Glue the edge of the brown square to the bottom center of the embellished cardstock triangle. Personalize the tree tag as desired.
Make your packages bloom. Fabric stickers and scraps of paper and fabric grow into beautiful gift tags.
- Select a three-dimensional poinsettia or floral-motif sticker from the crafts or scrapbooking store.
- Cut a square of light-color burlap fabric, allowing a pleasing margin around the floral sticker. Cut a square of green cardstock slightly larger than the burlap square.
- Center the sticker on the burlap square and attach. Make a loop from a length of 1/4-inch-wide red ribbon. Glue the ends to the back of the burlap square. Turn the cardstock square on the diagonal. Glue the burlap square to the cardstock square. Personalize as desired.
A Gift for You Tag
Simple and sweet, a button and ribbon embellish this heartfelt sentiment.
- Get the Creative Tags designs, available below. Print the A Gift for You design onto white cardstock. Cut out.
- Pull a length of thin green ribbon from the back to the front and back again through the holes of a green button. Make a loop with the ribbon and glue the loose ends to the back of the button. Glue the button to the tag design. Personalize as desired.
Accent your gift with a tag that's as pretty as a package.
- Cut a square from white cardstock. Wrap the square with green string or embroidery floss vertically and horizontally, crossing in the center. Glue the loose ends to the back of the square.
- Cut a bow from green scrapbooking paper. Glue to the top of the square over the string. Adhere a small red pom-pom to the center of the paper bow. Write the recipient's and giver's names or a personal message on the tag.
North Pole Gift Tag
Direct attention to your clever gift. These arrows always point to a lovely surprise!
- Get the Creative Tags designs, available below. Print the arrow designs on white cardstock. Cut out.
- Personalize the "To" and "From" arrows as desired. Arrange all three arrows on a red-and-white-striped straw; glue in place. Cut a small circle from red scrapbooking paper; glue to the top of the straw.
This cross-eyed reindeer gift tag will elicit giggles from the recipients of your "deerest" packages.
- Cut a tag shape from brown cardstock. Use a crafts knife to cut antlers from brown scrapbooking paper; use the image as a guide. Cut two small irregular oval shapes from white paper; use a black marker to draw dots for eyes.
- Cut or punch three circles from red paper. Fold each circle in half. Aligning the curved and folded edges of the three circles, arrange the circles so they form a half ball. Glue the adjoining circle halves together. Glue the flat half of the half ball to the brown tag to form a three-dimensional nose.
- Glue the eyes in place above the nose. Glue the antlers to the angled sides of the tag. Punch a hole at the top of the tag and slide a length of red ribbon through the hole. Personalize the tag as desired.
Pleated Gift Tag
It's easy to create a holiday fanfare with paper scraps, buttons, and a paper cupcake liner.
- Cut a square from brown cardstock. Cut a slightly smaller square from white paper. Turn the white square on the diagonal and glue to the brown square. Attach a holiday-color button with glue, or stitch through the button with colorful embroidery floss to attach it to the tag squares.
- Slightly flatten a paper cupcake liner. Glue the bottom of the liner to the back of the brown square. Personalize as desired.
Candy Cane Ornament Tag
Make it a sweet gift by embellishing your tag with a candy cane sticker.
- Cut or punch a 2- or 2-1/2-inch circle from patterned scrapbooking paper. Wrap the circle horizontally with colored string or embroidery floss; glue or tape the ends on the back.
- Adhere a three-dimensional candy cane sticker on the front of the circle on top of the wrapped string. Punch a small hole at the top of the circle. Tie the ends of a length of thin ribbon to make a loop. Thread the loop through the hole, pulling the knot through the loop and securing it on the back. Personalize the tag as desired.
Letters from Santa Gift Tag
Everyone loves getting personal mail. This postcard and letter from the jolly old elf promises a gift filled with joyful tidings.
- Cut two rectangles from heavy white paper. From red paper, cut a triangle with two equal sides and a base the same length as the long side of the rectangles.
- Glue the red triangle to one of the white rectangles, aligning the triangle base with one long side of the rectangle. Use a red marker to draw dashed lines along the short edges of the embellished rectangle. Glue a button on top of the point of the red triangle.
- Use colored markers to draw a stamp and "To" and "From" lines on the second rectangle to resemble a postcard; personalize as desired. Glue the postcard to the envelope at a pleasing angle.
Happy Holidays Ornament Tag
Our free printable design, available below, means this gift tag looks impressive but takes no work at all.
- Get the Creative Tags designs, available below. Print the Happy Holidays design on white paper. Cut out the design.
- Cut a slightly larger rectangle of red cardstock. Use a glue stick to adhere the design to the red cardstock rectangle.
- Use a needle to poke a hole at the top of each ornament. Pull a length of colored string or embroidery floss through each hole, wrap it around the top of the tag, and pull tight. Use transparent tape to secure both ends of each piece of string to the back of the cardstock. Personalize the tag as desired.