1. Trace the mitten, large tree, small tree, wide stripe, cuff strips, and ribbon shapes in the pattern packet onto tracing paper; cut out each piece. Fold a sheet of red art paper in half. Trace the mitten shape onto the red paper, positioning the fold line along the paper fold; cut out the shape.
2. Cut one wide stripe, one cuff stripe, and one of each ribbon shape from the white art paper. Use the tree-shape punch to punch four trees in the wide stripe. Cut one large tree and one small tree from the green art paper. Use the star-shape punch to punch one star from the yellow art paper.
3. Glue the wide stripe, the cuff stripe, and the ribbon shapes to the card front, referring to the photo for placement. Position the small tree between the thumb and body of the mitten on the card front, tucking some branches to the back of the card front; glue in place.
4. Cut two 1/2 x 6-inch strips of red paper. With the strips at right angles, glue an end of one strip on top of the end of the second strip. To make a spring, fold the strips as shown in Steps 2 - 4 until you reach the ends.
5. Glue the ends together. Glue one end of the paper string to the back of the large tree. Use the large- and small-hole punches to punch holes in the tree for ornaments, and glue the yellow star to the top. Glue the other end of the paper string inside the card.
6. To add a message inside, tape an embossing stencil to a bright window so the words read backwards. Position the card right side down over the stencil. Emboss the card by tracing the letters with the large end of the stylus. Retrace the letters using the small end of the stylus.