1. Draw a tracing-paper pattern of the charger rim; cut out. Make a plastic template of one-fourth of the rim pattern. (The template will be used as a cutting guide.) Temporarily arrange photos from Christmas greetings around charger rim, using a small piece of double-sided adhesive tape to hold each photo in place. Mark photos where they overlap one another on the rim; cut excess. Place tracing-paper pattern atop photos on charger rim; use a pen to mark inside curve on each photo.
Note: outside edge will be cut later.
2. Place photos on cutting mat and cut inside curves using the plastic cutting guide and a crafts knife. Tape photos on charger rim. Using assorted-size circle punches, punch circles from cardstock. Referring to photo, arrange circles between photos on charger rim; temporarily tape in place.
3. Place pattern on charger rim; use a pen to mark inside curve on each circle that overlaps inside rim. Remove circles and trim excess. Tape circles in place.
4. Position charger upside down on cutting mat. Firmly press down on charger and cut excess paper around outside edge using the crafts knife. Brush decoupage medium under any loose edges of photos, and press edges to rim. Brush decoupage medium over entire rim. Let dry. Spray rim with clear acrylic spray paint. Note: Charger is for decoration only. Do not use a serving or dinner plate. Do not submerge in water. To clean, wipe gently with a dry cloth.
Materials for the Napkin Ring
- Old Christmas greeting cards
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Embroidery floss: red
- 7/8-inch-diameter two-hole button: red
- Double-sided adhesive tape
Instructions for the Napkin Ring
1. Cut a 1x8-inch strip and a 5/8x8-inch strip from greeting cards. Place one strip facedown. Drop a dot of hot glue in center of strip, then quickly bring short ends of strip to the center, pressing ends into the glue. Repeat with remaining strip.
2. Hot-glue center of smaller loop to center of larger loop. Thread red embroidery floss through button; tie thread in a knot. Hot-glue button to center of bow.
3. Cut a 1x5-1/2-inch strip from a greeting card. Form strip into a ring, overlapping ends 1/2 inch. Secure with double-sided adhesive tape. Tape bow to ring.