- Two old Christmas greeting cards with a large motif (such as an ornament, a snowflake, or a wreath)
- 1-1/2-inch wide ribbon: metallic silver
- Four sheets of cardstock or patterned paper: in coordinating colors or prints
- Plastic candleholders in two sizes
- Double-sided adhesive tap
- Fabric glue
- Decoupage medium (such as Mod Podge)
- Self-adhesive gemstones: clear (optional)
- Two candles
1. Cut motif from one greeting card. From cardstock or patterned paper, cut a strip wide enough to accommodate the motif and long enough to wrap around candleholder plus 1/2-inch. Cut a slightly wider strip of coordinating cardstock or patterned paper and a piece of 1-1/2-inch-wide silver ribbon in the same length as the first cardstock strip.
2. Tightly wrap the wider strip around the candleholder and adhere at overlap with double-sided adhesive tape. Center and wrap narrower strip around wider strip and secure in the same manner. Wrap ribbon around center of narrower strip and glue in place. Using decoupage medium, adhere motif to front of candleholder. If desired, trim candleholder with rows of clear gemstones. Place candle in candleholder.
To trim the large candleholder, use the front of the remaining greeting card. Cut the cardstock, patterned paper, and ribbon, and assemble the candleholder as directed for the small candleholder.