The following is a guest blog post from Bren Haas – blogger at BG Garden.
This salad will pair great with your favorite early summer menu. Surprisingly easy to make and filled with colorful vegetables you can sow the seeds and harvest in a few short weeks. My kids loved growing their own radishes and harvesting them in just a few short weeks to add to recipes like this one.
Growing Tip: Perfect filler for any garden during the spring and early summer season: sow radish seeds in between your slow growing vegetables. This vegatble is perfect for the new grower because it grows so quick and is instant gratification.
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 10 small sliced radishes
- 2 cups of washed spinach leaves
- 2 cups of washed green romaine lettuce
- ½ cup of feta cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Steam snow peas to soften but not cook.
- Prepare radishes by washing and slicing.
- Prepare salad dressing by whisking together the ingredients listed. Place to side.
- Place salad greens in salad bowl and drizzle with prepared dressing.
- Top with sliced radishes, snow peas and feta cheese.
Fresh pepper to taste.
Bren Haas started her blogging ( http://www.bggarden.com) career 5 years ago as a way to share her hidden garden out in the country. Even though her kids are now teenagers she remains busy raising them and adding landscaped gardens filled with veggies,herbs, shrubs and perennials to their 16 acres of Ohio property. For the past 3 years Bren has been growing year-round in her 10’x12’ home greenhouse and recently started raising fish with her husband in the structure as well. Be sure to check out #gardenchat (http://www.connect-share-grow.com ) network if you would like to connect with other garden enthusiasts were Bren is the administrator of this huge Twitter based network.