Did you know that summer doesn’t officially start until tomorrow? I don’t know about you guys, but it seems like summer has been here for a while! To celebrate the official start to summer on June 21, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite ice cream treats I’ve been finding. You’ll be sure to cool off with these yummy desserts!
Handmade Charlotte combines my favorite meal (breakfast!) with some delicious ice cream accents! Try these Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches as a super easy dessert for any occasion.
Nothing is quite as satisfying as a fruity dessert at the end of a long, hot summer day! Will Cook for Smiles brings the flavor in this cocktail-inspired Strawberry Mojito Pops.
Who doesn’t love a summertime bonfire? Heather’s French Press combines our favorite s’more bonfire flavors in her Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream with Fudge and Graham Swirls. I cannot wait to try this one!
Popsicles for breakfast? No way! But Mom on Timeout figures out a way to start your summer morning on the right note with these Blueberry Breakfast Parfait Pops.
I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain! Turmeric N’Spice had me singing that song all day because of this incredible Pina Colada Sorbet.
I hope you enjoy these cool treats as much as I did! Happy summer, Delish Dish!
Bloggers, would you like your recipes to be included in our Friday Finds? Apply to be a BHG Insider here: BHG.com/BHGinsiders. And don’t forget to tweet at @BHG with your favorite recipes.
Social Media Editorial Assistant
Early this month the weather in SoCal was really hot – since I moved here from Atlanta, I’ve grown incredible comfortable to 70º year round perfect weather but there are those occasional weeks where it’s just really hot like an oven. I know I shouldn’t complain about the weather, but when you don’t have AC and it’s 90º outside – it makes for a painfully hot apartment.
Inspired by these frozen chocolate banana bites and these banana crunch pops, I decided to beat the heat with these chocolate dipped banana pops. Great treat to cool you down, not to mention a tad bit healthier than the ice cream you’re probably reaching for!
1/2 cup of dark chocolate pieces
1/2 cup of crushed almonds
1/2 cup of toasted coconut
1. Peel bananas. Slice bananas into 1 1/2 inch-thick pieces and insert sticks.
2. Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Arrange banana pieces on baking sheet and freeze bananas for at least 30 mins.
3. Once bananas are frozen or firm and cool to the touch. In a heavy small saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat (you can also microwave it too, but slowly and watch your chocolate!). Place melted chocolate in small bowl for dipping.
4. Dip the frozen bananas into the warm chocolate and quickly top with crushed almonds or toasted coconut. The chocolate should firm up pretty quickly.
5. Place the dipped bananas on a waxed baking sheet when complete.
6. You can enjoy these right away or store them in the fridge for up to three days. If they are completely frozen I’d recommend leaving them in the fridge for 10-15 mins before serving.
If you guys make these at home – would love to know how they turned out! Share your pictures with me using #bhgdippedbananas :) Happy week everyone!
Follow me on on Twitter and Instagram, @jchongstudio
Jennifer Chong is a designer and photographer with a big heart (and stomach) for all things food! She is also the author of a lifestyle blog focused on travel, food and design – blog.jchongstudio.com. When she isn’t working, she can be found playing beach volleyball, continent hopping (four so far!) or searching for some delightful treats to devour! You can also follow Jennifer on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for more!