America’s birthday is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited to celebrate. As much as I love fireworks and working a red, white and blue color scheme into my attire for the day, my favorite part about Independence Day is by far the food. If you haven’t started planning your menu for the upcoming holiday, we’ve got a couple of suggestions from some of our favorite blogs.
2. I’m a sucker for a savory-sweet combo and these Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Mango Salsa from Damn Delicious look well, delicious. Not only are they topped with a spicy mango salsa, they also have a slice of fresh avocado. Yum!
3. Burgers with Roasted Tomatoes, Pesto and Mozzarella? Yes, please! This recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride takes a basic burger to a whole new level with garden-fresh tomatoes and herbs.
4. Switch up the salad section on your buffet table with this Potato Salad with Dill and Horseradish Aioli from A Thought for Food. This simple side dish is topped with a homemade horseradish dressing that’s sure to awaken your taste buds.
7. If you’re serving a crowd, this Triple Berry Sangria from Eclectic Recipes is perfect for your get-together. Prep the simple drink beforehand and spend your time socializing instead of in the kitchen.
12. Host the most patriotic party on the block with this Festive Fruited Cheesecake Flag from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. Now for the difficult decision: Choose a piece with blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries?
Enjoy the friends, fireworks and food!
-Kenzie, BHG Social Media Editorial Assistant
Delish Dish | Tags:
4th of July, 4th of July dessert recipes, 4th of July recipes, Baking, chicken recipe, Desserts, drinks, Fireworks, Food, Fourth of July, grilling, Patriotic, Potato Salad, Recipe, Red, White and Blue
Memorial Day is on the horizon, and it’s not too early to start planning what you’ll make for friends and family. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m usually the person who volunteers to bring the dessert. It’s my thing. A few years ago I discovered BHG’s recipe for White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies. Being red and white, they were perfect for the holiday season so I decided to bake a batch.- I’m always on the hunt for new cookie recipes and I struck gold with this one.
My family adores these cookies and so do I. They have become a new holiday favorite. The cherry and white chocolate combination is a classic flavor pairing. It’s sweet, fruity, and rich. It also has a weird way of instantly reminding me of the holidays, family, and good times.
I realize that some recipes are special because you make them only once a year. However, since my family is always begging me to bake these cookies, I wanted a way to change them up a little for another holiday.
I was in the grocery store the other day when inspiration struck! I stumbled upon these adorable red, white, and blue sprinkles and thought they would be perfect. I also picked up a bottle of blue sugar crystals. Adding just a touch of the red. white, and blue would instantly make these a festive dessert for Memorial Day, Independence Day, or summer in general.
I bought a few other ingredients, mostly pantry staples, and headed home to bake.
Needless to say, the results are adorable! I couldn’t resist snapping a few pictures and teasing my family over Instagram. They were so happy to see that they won’t have to wait another six months for one of their favorite treats!
So tell me, what traditionally seasonal items do you serve all year long? What’s your favorite dish served on Memorial Day?
Michael Wurm, Jr. – Inspired by Charm
4th of July Recipes, All Desserts, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Cookies, Delish Dish, Fruit Desserts | Tags:
Cherry, Cookie, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Patriotic, Shortbread, White Chocolate