I am so excited to share this amazing nachos recipe from The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book 16th edition, which is quickly becoming my new favorite book. And I am even more excited to share a giveaway of this favorite book with one of our readers! With well over 1,200 delicious recipes to choose from (along with almost as many gorgeous images to stare at all day like I sometimes do), each and every recipe is a must try. I can’t wait to try my hand at the decadent Four-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese, Pumpkin Bars, and amazing brining techniques for Thanksgiving in the Holiday Favorites chapter, but I seriously had to dive right into the appetizer section and tackle these Nachos.
Fall is officially here and so is football season. Tailgating, parties and tempting recipes to go with them are cropping up everywhere, and I had to provide you with something that would be absolutely perfect for your next sports get-together. Since my husband has officially taken up Fantasy Football, (again), I know that soon I will be searching for ideas to plan some fun football parties. Nachos are just the perfect appetizer to start any sports party with.
When I saw this Nachos recipe in the new Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, I got so excited and knew this would be perfect to make now! All of the ingredients come together perfectly in the most delicious way possible. The layering of flavors and textures from crispy corn tortilla chips, seasoned meat, chunky salsa, hearty beans and melted gooey cheese should not be taken lightly. It is plain addictive and simply unreal.
I only made one change to this recipe. I decided to use chopped steak instead of ground beef to add a level of sophistication, something you hardly see when nachos are involved. In this book you will find great ways to make each recipe unique to your liking with the new concept “Make It Mine”, which gives home cooks, like you, the awesome opportunity to alter recipes based on what your preferences are and what you may have at home. After I made my switch to steak, I added traditional toppings to this dish, like cilantro and green onions, and gobbled up at least half by myself (don’t tell anyone).
As I mentioned before, you can win one of five copies being given away this week. To enter, simply tell us in the comments below, “What Is Your Favorite Thing To Cook?” We will conduct a random drawing from the received entries to select the winners. You can see the official contest rules HERE.
It is safe to say that these nachos will be making appearance after appearance in my house during football season. And I simply can’t wait to try even more recipes from the Cook Book that will be a huge hit!
Note: This contest has ended.
I’m going to call it – spring is just about here! I’m going to optimistically look past the gloomy, rainy weather we’ve been having and set my sights on sun and fun. To combat the cool weather blues, I’ve been filling my fridge with fresh spring produce. Let’s put it to good use with bright, healthy dishes that celebrate my favorite time of year!
Mix up your salad routine with this Mango, Chicken & Brown Rice Salad with Coconut-Ginger Dressing from Foodess. Loaded with fresh mango, creamy avocado, crunchy coconut and chicken; it’s a light, delicious meal – all in one bowl!
Sarah Martens, Associate Digital Food Editor
Can you believe it’s almost Cinco de Mayo? I know. It’s spring. Which means it’s almost summer. Which is crazy. But anyway, Cinco de Mayo. The perfect Americanized holiday to celebrate with delicious Mexican food and icy cold Margaritas. If you haven’t thought about what you’re making for Cinco de Mayo yet, these delicious blogger recipes from around the web might pique your interest.
1. While The Boys Club normally focuses on cocktails, I’m excited about what’s going on with this Tequila and Lime Marinated Steak. Sure, it’s not authentic Mexican, but it’s flavor combination of jalapenos, cilantro, and a Tequila marinade? Gotta try it.
3. I can’t get enough kale. I love black beans. Which means these Veggie Enchiladas with Corn, Black Beans and Kale from Jelly Toast have gotta be a killer combination. Plus, I feel like anything with kale and black beans has gotta be kinda healthy right? Right.
6. Yes, I’m a food editor, and yes, my favorite food happens to be nachos. I love them every which way, and these Party Nachos from What’s Gaby Cooking look right up my alley. She swapped out the chips for oven fries to create one hearty set of nachos.
8. No Cinco de Mayo party is complete without margaritas. So I dug back in the archives a bit to find this Citrus Margrita Spritzer from Skinnytaste. It’s got orange and a splash of club soda, and best of all, I might not feel quite so guilty about indulging in more than one.
9. If your flan recipe comes from a blog called Flanboyant Eats, then I would go ahead and guess you’re in for a treat. I’m not sure which part of this Nutella with Graham Cracker Caramel Flan sounds more delicious, but I can’t think of a tastier way to enjoy a classic Mexican dessert.
10. I know for a fact that this recipe for Faux Fried Ice Cream from Taste and Tell is awesome. I tried a similar recipe last summer, and had one of those “OMG this is as good as restaurant fried ice cream!” moments.