Happy Friday, Delish Dish! So I wore a sweater to work this morning, which, in my mind, means fall is here! One of my favorite annual traditions is going to the apple orchard each year and drinking incredible apple cider. So I thought I’d search around and find some new ways to enjoy apple cider, the great fall drink!
If you’re looking for a “grown-up” way to enjoy apple cider, you’ll love this Pumpkin Apple Cider cocktail. The Blond Cook combines pumpkin pie vodka, apple cider, and club soda for an easy-to-make fall drink.
Cupcakes are really the best way to satisfy your cravings. (They’re small so they have less calories, right?) Lady Behind the Curtain brings the best fall flavors in these Apple Cider Maple Spice Cupcakes. Yum-o!
If you’re a regular reader of my Friday Finds, you know how much I love breakfast foods. Add A Pinch combines everything that is good and holy in fall flavors and breakfast trends in these Apple Cider Waffles.
Happy (almost) fall, y’all! Enjoy these yummy recipes and let me know what other fall flavors you’re craving!
Peanut butter and jelly, strawberries and chocolate, summer and cool drinks – some things just go together. When the temperatures rise there’s nothing better than an ice cold beverage which is why this month’s Best of the Blogs is showcasing some of this season’s tastiest sippers.
This Loaded Hibiscus Arnold Palmers from Vegetarian Ventures is an easy way to use up extra fruits and herbs you have around. Although the original only has blueberries, the sweet sipper can be customized with any fruity flavors to switch up the taste.
What’s your favorite cool summer drink? If you’re still looking for more refreshing sippers, take a look at our Tasty Seasonal Drinks Pinterest board. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- Kenzie, BHG Social Media Editorial Assistant
How fun and colorful are these Watermelon Margaritas?! I think they’d be perfect for a summer BBQ. I love the addition of the watermelon “ice cubes” to keep your drink frosty cool. You could also make a non-alcoholic version of this by eliminating the Triple Sec and tequila. Enjoy!
- Watermelon cubes
- Kosher salt (to line glass rims, if desired)
- 8 lime wedges
- 3 cups Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 2 – 3 cups tequila
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup superfine sugar or powdered sugar
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, chopped
1.Freeze cubes of watermelon on a waxed paper-lined tray for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
2. If you’d like to salt the rims of your glasses (I skipped this), place salt on a small plate. Rub rims of eight glasses with one of the lime wedges. Dip rims of glasses in salt to coat; set aside.
3. In a pitcher combine Triple Sec, tequila, lime juice, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of tequila mixture into blender or food processor with chopped watermelon (working in batches if necessary). Cover and blend or process until smooth. You could strain it, but I don’t bother. Combine watermelon juice with remaining tequila mixture. Stir. Chill until ready to serve.
5. Place frozen watermelon cubes in glasses. Pour blended watermelon tequila mixture over watermelon cubes.
Photos and Illustrations by Erin Gleeson of The Forest Feast, a blog full of simple recipe and entertaining ideas inspired by living in a cabin in the woods.
Delish Dish, Let's Party | Tags:
bbq, better homes and gardens, cocktails, drinks, easy, entertaining, fruit, margaritas, melon, Menu, Party, Party recipes, summer, vegan, vegetarian, watermelon
Can you believe it’s almost Cinco de Mayo? I know. It’s spring. Which means it’s almost summer. Which is crazy. But anyway, Cinco de Mayo. The perfect Americanized holiday to celebrate with delicious Mexican food and icy cold Margaritas. If you haven’t thought about what you’re making for Cinco de Mayo yet, these delicious blogger recipes from around the web might pique your interest.
1. While The Boys Club normally focuses on cocktails, I’m excited about what’s going on with this Tequila and Lime Marinated Steak. Sure, it’s not authentic Mexican, but it’s flavor combination of jalapenos, cilantro, and a Tequila marinade? Gotta try it.
3. I can’t get enough kale. I love black beans. Which means these Veggie Enchiladas with Corn, Black Beans and Kale from Jelly Toast have gotta be a killer combination. Plus, I feel like anything with kale and black beans has gotta be kinda healthy right? Right.
6. Yes, I’m a food editor, and yes, my favorite food happens to be nachos. I love them every which way, and these Party Nachos from What’s Gaby Cooking look right up my alley. She swapped out the chips for oven fries to create one hearty set of nachos.
8. No Cinco de Mayo party is complete without margaritas. So I dug back in the archives a bit to find this Citrus Margrita Spritzer from Skinnytaste. It’s got orange and a splash of club soda, and best of all, I might not feel quite so guilty about indulging in more than one.
9. If your flan recipe comes from a blog called Flanboyant Eats, then I would go ahead and guess you’re in for a treat. I’m not sure which part of this Nutella with Graham Cracker Caramel Flan sounds more delicious, but I can’t think of a tastier way to enjoy a classic Mexican dessert.
10. I know for a fact that this recipe for Faux Fried Ice Cream from Taste and Tell is awesome. I tried a similar recipe last summer, and had one of those “OMG this is as good as restaurant fried ice cream!” moments.