If you are a lover of all things lemon, like me, then you will adore this Lemon Angel Food Cake with Candied Lemon Slices.
My name is Leah Bergman and I write a blog called Freutcake, a lifestyle site for the modern day hostess featuring everything from recipes, to DIY projects, tasty cocktails and a whole lot of sweet treats. I’m thrilled to be posting on Delish Dish today dressing up an already beautiful Angle Food Cake recipe with few show stopping and flavor packed finishes.
Angel food cake can be a little daunting at first but with some patience and the right amount of sifting, it’s completely worth the effort. Nothing beats the homemade version of this fluffy, tender and moist cake.
And to make sure your cake is just as angelic, I’m sharing a few tips for better Angel Food Cake:
1. Never grease your cake pan! An un-greased aluminum pan helps Angel Food rise.
2. Use cake flour versus all-purpose. This ingredient makes a huge difference in the lightness and texture of Angel Food Cake.
3. Sift your dry ingredients before you measure them! Again, this helps achieve a light as air cake and is definitely worth the effort.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites in an extra large bowl folding from the sides to the middle gently.
5. As soon as the cake is removed from the oven, invert it to cool. Most Angel Food Cake pans have little “feet” to rest on while inverted but if your pan does not you can always invert the pan on top of a wine or sparkling water bottle.
6. Once cool, use a sharp cake spatula or butter knife to cut around the edges of the pan before removing.
Tip: You can also see a great step by step Angel Food Cake tutorial on BHG.com!
Lemon Angel Food Cake
1. Start by making this recipe for classic Angel Food Cake and allow to cool completely.
2. Transfer cooled cake to a cake plate or pedestal.
3. Drizzle cake with Lemon Glaze.
4. Decorate top of cake with Candied Lemon Slices.
5. Cut with a serrated knife, serve, and enjoy!