Can you believe it’s almost Cinco de Mayo? I know. It’s spring. Which means it’s almost summer. Which is crazy. But anyway, Cinco de Mayo. The perfect Americanized holiday to celebrate with delicious Mexican food and icy cold Margaritas. If you haven’t thought about what you’re making for Cinco de Mayo yet, these delicious blogger recipes from around the web might pique your interest.
1. While The Boys Club normally focuses on cocktails, I’m excited about what’s going on with this Tequila and Lime Marinated Steak. Sure, it’s not authentic Mexican, but it’s flavor combination of jalapenos, cilantro, and a Tequila marinade? Gotta try it.
3. I can’t get enough kale. I love black beans. Which means these Veggie Enchiladas with Corn, Black Beans and Kale from Jelly Toast have gotta be a killer combination. Plus, I feel like anything with kale and black beans has gotta be kinda healthy right? Right.
6. Yes, I’m a food editor, and yes, my favorite food happens to be nachos. I love them every which way, and these Party Nachos from What’s Gaby Cooking look right up my alley. She swapped out the chips for oven fries to create one hearty set of nachos.
8. No Cinco de Mayo party is complete without margaritas. So I dug back in the archives a bit to find this Citrus Margrita Spritzer from Skinnytaste. It’s got orange and a splash of club soda, and best of all, I might not feel quite so guilty about indulging in more than one.
9. If your flan recipe comes from a blog called Flanboyant Eats, then I would go ahead and guess you’re in for a treat. I’m not sure which part of this Nutella with Graham Cracker Caramel Flan sounds more delicious, but I can’t think of a tastier way to enjoy a classic Mexican dessert.
10. I know for a fact that this recipe for Faux Fried Ice Cream from Taste and Tell is awesome. I tried a similar recipe last summer, and had one of those “OMG this is as good as restaurant fried ice cream!” moments.