America’s birthday is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited to celebrate. As much as I love fireworks and working a red, white and blue color scheme into my attire for the day, my favorite part about Independence Day is by far the food. If you haven’t started planning your menu for the upcoming holiday, we’ve got a couple of suggestions from some of our favorite blogs.
1. I have a feeling these Peach BBQ Chicken Wings from Add a Pinch would be the MVP of any 4th of July barbecue. Bonus: The Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce requires only three ingredients to make.
2. I’m a sucker for a savory-sweet combo and these Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Mango Salsa from Damn Delicious look well, delicious. Not only are they topped with a spicy mango salsa, they also have a slice of fresh avocado. Yum!
3. Burgers with Roasted Tomatoes, Pesto and Mozzarella? Yes, please! This recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride takes a basic burger to a whole new level with garden-fresh tomatoes and herbs.
4. Switch up the salad section on your buffet table with this Potato Salad with Dill and Horseradish Aioli from A Thought for Food. This simple side dish is topped with a homemade horseradish dressing that’s sure to awaken your taste buds.
5. Can you really ever have enough potato salad at a cookout? This Roasted Potato Salad with Bacon Dressing from Foodie Crush is a simple dish that everyone can enjoy.
6. I love that these Layered Drinks from Get Creative Juice double as a beverage and festive decor. Even better, they can be customized with whatever flavors you want to use.
7. If you’re serving a crowd, this Triple Berry Sangria from Eclectic Recipes is perfect for your get-together. Prep the simple drink beforehand and spend your time socializing instead of in the kitchen.
8. Show off your baking skills with these Red, White and Blue Pinwheel Icebox Cookies from Just a Taste. These buttery, patriotic treats are sure to get some compliments at your 4th of July bash.
9. Okay, how cute is this 4th of July Tie Dyed Fudge from Taste and Tell? I have a feeling there won’t be any leftovers of this tasty treat.
10. Working at BHG, I have an adoration for all things red plaid. These Picnic Tablecloth Cookies from Katrina’s Kitchen are a quirky and easy way to serve up a sweet treat.
11. Jazz up a classic dessert with this Strawberry Shortcake Doughnut Trifle from Sprinkle Bakes. Even better, this wow-worthy dessert requires no baking.
12. Host the most patriotic party on the block with this Festive Fruited Cheesecake Flag from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. Now for the difficult decision: Choose a piece with blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries?
13. No Independence Day cookout is complete without icy-cold lemonade. Keep cool at your cookout with these four-ingredient Sweet and Creamy Lemonade Popsicles from Dine and Dish.
14. If popsicles aren’t your thing, try another food on a stick with these Candy-Coated Krispy Stars from Lulu the Baker.
Can’t get enough 4th of July ideas? Our Red, White & Blue Desserts and Fourth of July Pinterest boards are packed with ideas to make this your best Independence Day yet.
Enjoy the friends, fireworks and food!
-Kenzie, BHG Social Media Editorial Assistant