chocolate dipped bananas
Hey howdy hey, Delish Dish! I hope this post finds you well-fed and happy! I know I’m happy because November is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month (yes, these are real holidays). I thought I’d share some perfectly cozy peanut butter recipes as we gear up for the change in the seasons! Enjoy!
I start off most mornings with a peanut butter and banana bagel, but I never thought to turn them into a dessert! Yum! Can’t wait to try these Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Bites from Not Enough Cinnamon!
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and enjoy these salty, sweet snacks!
With peanut butter love,
Early this month the weather in SoCal was really hot – since I moved here from Atlanta, I’ve grown incredible comfortable to 70º year round perfect weather but there are those occasional weeks where it’s just really hot like an oven. I know I shouldn’t complain about the weather, but when you don’t have AC and it’s 90º outside – it makes for a painfully hot apartment.
Inspired by these frozen chocolate banana bites and these banana crunch pops, I decided to beat the heat with these chocolate dipped banana pops. Great treat to cool you down, not to mention a tad bit healthier than the ice cream you’re probably reaching for!
1/2 cup of dark chocolate pieces
1/2 cup of crushed almonds
1/2 cup of toasted coconut
1. Peel bananas. Slice bananas into 1 1/2 inch-thick pieces and insert sticks.
2. Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Arrange banana pieces on baking sheet and freeze bananas for at least 30 mins.
3. Once bananas are frozen or firm and cool to the touch. In a heavy small saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat (you can also microwave it too, but slowly and watch your chocolate!). Place melted chocolate in small bowl for dipping.
4. Dip the frozen bananas into the warm chocolate and quickly top with crushed almonds or toasted coconut. The chocolate should firm up pretty quickly.
5. Place the dipped bananas on a waxed baking sheet when complete.
6. You can enjoy these right away or store them in the fridge for up to three days. If they are completely frozen I’d recommend leaving them in the fridge for 10-15 mins before serving.
If you guys make these at home – would love to know how they turned out! Share your pictures with me using #bhgdippedbananas :) Happy week everyone!
Jennifer Chong is a designer and photographer with a big heart (and stomach) for all things food! She is also the author of a lifestyle blog focused on travel, food and design – blog.jchongstudio.com. When she isn’t working, she can be found playing beach volleyball, continent hopping (four so far!) or searching for some delightful treats to devour! You can also follow Jennifer on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for more!
All Desserts, Chocolate Desserts, Dark Chocolate, Delish Dish, Easy Desserts, Fruit, Fruit Desserts, Healthy Dessert Recipes, Healthy Snack Recipes, No-Bake Desserts, Snacks | Tags:
almonds, banana, chocolate, chocolate dipped bananas, dairy-free, Dessert, gluten free, healthy, pops, snack, toasted coconut