Hi everyone! It’s Jocelyn over at Grandbaby Cakes, and I am ready to share the perfect burger for your summertime grill: Italian Sausage Pizza Sliders! My husband’s all time favorite food is pizza. We eat it at least once a week. From take-out and dine-in at Chicago’s best pizzerias (We have the best pizza! No contest New York!) to my fabulous homemade pizza recipes inspired by our trip to Naples, Italy last year, there is no shortage of pizza creations to indulge in.
Recently, I started playing around with pizza flavors to my summer grilling creations. I knew I had to make a pizza inspired burger. I saw this incredible recipe for Italian Sausage Sliders on BHG that was aching for my Fourth of July grill fest last week. This would be the perfect slider to experiment with adding fun pizza and Italian flavors to. And boy was I right!
I made the following slight changes and additions to the recipe to create these Pizza Sliders:
- I pretty much followed the recipe to a tee and only replaced the sausage with turkey sausage and the ground beef with ground turkey for a healthier option.
- I opted to grill the patties instead of cooking them on the stove top. I loved the classic smokey flavor and char that grilling gave these sausage sliders. So good!
- Next I gave a fun twist to the slider buns. I sliced the buns and brushed them with this BHG Grilled French Bread mixture recipe and grilled them for just a few seconds to add gorgeous grill marks and additional flavor. These buns were out of this world.
- Then I topped each sausage patty with 1 tablespoon of my favorite pizza sauce warmed up a bit, a slice of mozzarella cheese, two turkey pepperoni slices, a sprinkle of oregano and 1 fresh basil leaf. I warmed the topped patty on the grill until the cheese melted down and became gooey delicious.
- Lastly, I topped each perfect pizza patty on a garlic butter grilled slider bun and ate to my heart’s content.
These were so delicious and reminded me of eating dinner in my favorite pizzeria. Since my husband’s pizza addiction makes him one harsh critic, I knew his comments would mean the most. He gave this recipe top marks and even asked for these to go on our next grilling menu. I guess you can say this was a great success! Score!
Hi Friends, I’m Nik Sharma and I blog at A Brown Table where I develop recipes that showcase the wonderful flavors of Indian cuisine. My favorite recipes are the ones where I get to showcase ingredients that are commonly used in Indian cooking and infuse them into everyday meals that are tasty yet wholesome and healthy.
Warm summers always remind me of grilling and spending vacations at the beach, so when Better Homes and Gardens asked me to cook and write about their recipes, I figured what could better than a delicious burger (any excuse is a great excuse to fire up the grill!). I picked their easy salmon burger recipe, which seriously guys, no jokes, this is one super EASY and tasty way to prepare salmon. All you need to do is add the ingredients to a food processor, click the “Pulse” button a couple of times, shape and then toss them on to your grill and watch them sizzle!
We eat a lot of seafood at home and salmon is definitely a common item on our menu. So we were eager to try this recipe out from Better Homes and Gardens.
My favorite way to eat these babies, is to grab a salmon patty, throw on some lettuce, add a dollop of mustard, and sandwich it inside a freshly toasted bun.
I kept the entire method of preparation and ingredients the same as listed in the original recipe but I did make a few of my own changes to it.
- Instead of using crackers, I used 1/2 cup oat bran. Not only does oat bran act as a binding agent it also gives a nice texture to the burger. If you have a gluten sensitivity issue, I recommend using oat bran that’s prepared in a gluten-free facility (just in case there’s cross contamination).
- I also added 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro leaves (but parsley could also be substituted in the same amount), 1 clove (approximately 1 teaspoon) of garlic , 1 small (1 teaspoon) thai chili pepper, 1 teaspoon garam masala, and 1 teaspoon salt to the salmon before processing it in the food processor.
If you’re looking for a no-fuss recipe to prepare a flavorful salmon burger, then this recipe will not disappoint!
Burger Recipes, Burgers, Delish Dish, Easy Dinners, Main Courses, Salmon & Tuna, Seafood | Tags:
better homes and gardens, BHG, blogger, burger, burgers, easy, eggs, gluten free, grilling, Healthy Salmon, Indian, Recipe, Recipes, salmon, seafood, summer