Lemon Chicken Skillet
Hello! This is Julia from the food blog JuliasAlbum.com (you can also find me on PINTEREST) – with the super quick and easy recipe that takes only 30 minutes to make: lemon chicken skillet! This chicken is so out-of-this-world delicious! It’s unbelievable that combining just a few simple ingredients, such as lemon pepper, fresh lemons, some flour (I used gluten free!) with chicken and butter can produce such delicious results! You’ll love this recipe – and you can find the full recipe instructions here, on Better Homes & Gardens!
Chicken prepared this way looks beautiful – it makes a very nice presentation. This chicken is great served as-is, or serve it with steamed asparagus, or very flavorful rice pilaf.
I love that this recipe uses so many lemons!
I did make a few minor (but important) changes to the recipe directions, so please read my notes (review) below.
And, here are the changes I made to the original BHG recipe:
1) I used 2 large chicken breasts (1.5 pounds total). I sliced each chicken breast, horizontally, into about 4 or 5 thin slices.
2) I combined flour (I used much less flour, only about 1/3 cup, not 1/2 cup) with lemon pepper in the bowl, and only then coated chicken slices in this lemon pepper and flour mixture.
3) I heated 3 tablespoons of butter + 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet before adding chicken, coated with flour and lemon pepper mixture. After chicken is cooked and removed from the skillet – I cleaned the skillet completely, because it had some burnt butter. Then, I added 1 tablespoon of butter to the completely clean skillet and cooked sliced lemons, seasoned with lemon pepper, just for 1 minute, until they softened (I even squeezed these lemons a bit, with the fork, as you can see on one of the photos above).
4) Finally, I topped the cooked chicken with chopped fresh parsley.
5) I used gluten-free flour to make this recipe gluten-free! Any flour will work here. Use either regular, all-purpose flour with gluten, or use gluten-free flour like I did!
32 Responses to “ Lemon Chicken Skillet ”