Maple Peach Pork Chops
Peach season is my absolute favorite season. Ripe peaches remind me of a simpler time when I was back in Mississippi with my grandparents surrounded by fresh peach pie. Recently I cruised my local farmers’ market and saw the most stunning peaches that brought me right back to those days. I originally wanted to make something sweet but decided something savory would be a bit different and fun too.
I happened upon this incredible Maple Pork and Apples recipe on BHG and knew it would taste so fantastic with peaches for a delicious summer twist. Pork is definitely a meat that really takes on sweet flavor super well. Allowing the peaches to caramelize and meld with the chops created such a wonderful flavor. A bit of bourbon also kicked it up a notch too!
I made the following changes to the original dish:
- I thinly sliced two medium sized sweet potatoes and added them to the bottom of the dish for a more complete meal.
- I replaced the apple slices with peach slices.
- I added 1/2 chopped onion for some additional texture.
- I also combined 2 tablespoons of bourbon with the maple syrup to deepen the flavor.
- I tried this dish later in the week baked at 425 for an hour and also loved it though you still might want to reduce the liquid a bit to thicken it.
- Lastly I garnished with a bit of thyme for some beautiful color.
The results were perfection. I can’t wait to combine fresh peaches in more of my savory dishes over the summers. It is a great way to use them up and get a sweet kick in your dinner. I know I will definitely be making this a few more times before my precious peaches are long gone.
2 Responses to “ Maple Peach Pork Chops ”