Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
Hi Delish Dish readers; my name is Sylvie Shirazi and I’m the recipe developer, food photographer and real food lover behind Gourmande in the Kitchen.
I love spending time in the kitchen creating simple, seasonal, whole-food recipes that are fresh and free of processed ingredients with minimal preparation. I’m especially excited to share this Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie recipe with you today as it has quickly become one of my favorites.
As temperatures climb frosty drinks offer a welcome salvation from the heat, especially when you can barely stand the thought of a hot meal. Even when it’s hot outside and my appetite isn’t what it used to be, I’m always happy to sip on something cool and refreshing like a smoothie.
Blueberries and pineapple are a winning combination and this meal in a glass is bursting with berries, pineapple and greens.
Super refreshing and filling thanks to the fiber from the greens and fruit, it really hits the spot on a hot summer day. I absolutely love it for breakfast; quick, easy and nutritious it’s a great way to start off the day. Pour it into a thermal cup if you’re running low on time in the mornings and need to get out the door in a hurry.
I used this Better Homes and Garden Blueberry-Pineapple Smoothie recipe as a base to build my own creation by swapping out a few fruits and adding in a couple extras:
- First I swapped out the baby spinach for an equal mix of greens like kale and chard.
- I left out the banana and yogurt and used a cup of coconut milk instead for a similarly creamy feel.
- I sometimes add a scoop of protein powder or chia seeds for an extra boost.
- Next I upped the pineapple to ½ a cup for a more prominent taste which adds a nice hit of acidity that balances out the richness of the coconut milk.
- Lastly I left out the orange juice as I found the smoothie to be sweet enough without it.
The result is a cool, colorful and satisfying smoothie that just might become your new favorite too!
16 Responses to “ Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie ”