Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Hi there, it’s Jocelyn of Grandbaby Cakes, and I am so excited to share some wonderful recipes with you on Delish Dish!
Pound cake is considered a delicacy in my family. It appears on every Sunday dinner table and is the cornerstone of my family’s vintage recipes. Pound cake was also the first thing I ever learned how to bake. A classic and simple sour cream pound cake is a treat that I love to indulge in, and this recipe from BHG is the classic done oh so right.
What I love about cake recipes like this traditional sour cream pound cake is how easy it is to put your own spin on like I did with my blueberry lemon flavor combination. This recipe was calling my name, and I definitely wanted to give it a beautiful twist for the summer.
With these simple changes, I created a delightful cake ready for any celebration you have during this gorgeous season:
- First, I doubled the recipe to fill my beautiful bundt pan. I wanted a showstopper cake like the ones I grew up on. Doubling the recipe perfectly filled my 10 cup bundt pan.
- Next, I added two cups of gorgeous fresh blueberries. Toss the blueberries in 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour to keep them for sinking to the bottom.
- Then I added in the zest and juice of two lemons which really gave a lovely citrus compliment to the berries.
- The baking time will range from 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Lastly, I made a quick and easy lemon glaze of 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and drizzled on top.
Blueberries and lemon are one of my favorite baking combinations, and the pair ended up being absolutely perfect in this recipe. Once baked, the berries create this gorgeous spotting all over the cake.
You definitely want to give this recipe a try!
For the original recipe, click HERE!
33 Responses to “ Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake ”