Written on February 12, 2014 at 8:37 am , by Kelly Senyei
The countdown to Valentine’s Day is on! We may be just 48 hours away from the most romantic day of the year, but that doesn’t mean those who are menu-less (or Valentine-less) need to panic. I’ve got dessert covered with this quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Pillows topped with a sweet and tangy cherry port sauce.
These crispy wonton pockets are filled with bittersweet chocolate then deep-fried to golden brown perfection. Have a fear of frying? Kick those concerns to the curb with my essential deep-frying do’s and don’ts:
- DO use a deep-fry thermometer to accurately gauge the temperature of the oil and to know the optimum moment when to add foods to the oil
- DON’T overcrowd the pan with food items or you’ll risk dropping the temperature of the oil so much that the foods won’t cook fast enough (Result: soggy fried foods)
- DO choose an oil with a high enough smoke point, such as canola oil or vegetable oil, and avoid extra-virgin olive oil
- DON’T leave any water near or around the pot of boiling oil or, if the two meet, you’ll end up with a spitting, splattering pot of hot oil
- DO have a paper towel-lined plate ready to transfer the fried items onto after they’ve been cooked
Ready to woo your Valentine with these hot, crispy, chocolate-stuffed sweets? Gather your ingredients and bring the oil to a boil for quick-fix Chocolate Pillows.
- Kelly Senyei, Just a Taste
6 Responses to “Chocolate Pillows”