Written on February 10, 2014 at 4:30 am , by Naomi Robinson
If you haven’t guessed by now, I love a good bar. I don’t care if it’s a cookie bar, cheesecake bar or whatever—bars are easy, full-proof, and come together quickly. These Caramel Chocolita bars are no exception.
The other nice thing about this recipe, they are so easy to make your own with just a few subs and add-ins. To get started, click here for the recipe. But before you do, read the notes below for a few tips and tricks.
A few tips:
- You can skip greasing the foil if you use parchment paper.
- If you are a huge fan of pecans like I am, increasing the 1 cup of pecans to 2 cups is strongly suggested.
- Regular old-fashioned oats will work just as well as quick-cooking oats for this recipe, so use what you prefer (I used old-fashioned oats).
- Once you pour the caramel drizzle over the chocolate and pecans, you may need to use an off set spatula to spread it to an even layer. To easily do so, lightly cover the offset spatula with bake spray.
To make this your own:
- Try swapping out the pecans for any other nuts you may prefer.
- For add-ins, try: toffee bits, chopped chocolate covered coffee beans, chopped up candy like Snickers. Whatever you try, make sure you come back and share your creation with the rest of us in the comment section.
3 Responses to “Caramel Chocolita”