How fun and colorful are these Watermelon Margaritas?! I think they’d be perfect for a summer BBQ. I love the addition of the watermelon “ice cubes” to keep your drink frosty cool. You could also make a non-alcoholic version of this by eliminating the Triple Sec and tequila. Enjoy!
- Watermelon cubes
- Kosher salt (to line glass rims, if desired)
- 8 lime wedges
- 3 cups Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 2 – 3 cups tequila
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup superfine sugar or powdered sugar
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, chopped
1.Freeze cubes of watermelon on a waxed paper-lined tray for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
2. If you’d like to salt the rims of your glasses (I skipped this), place salt on a small plate. Rub rims of eight glasses with one of the lime wedges. Dip rims of glasses in salt to coat; set aside.
3. In a pitcher combine Triple Sec, tequila, lime juice, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of tequila mixture into blender or food processor with chopped watermelon (working in batches if necessary). Cover and blend or process until smooth. You could strain it, but I don’t bother. Combine watermelon juice with remaining tequila mixture. Stir. Chill until ready to serve.
5. Place frozen watermelon cubes in glasses. Pour blended watermelon tequila mixture over watermelon cubes.
Photos and Illustrations by Erin Gleeson of The Forest Feast, a blog full of simple recipe and entertaining ideas inspired by living in a cabin in the woods.
Delish Dish, Let's Party | Tags:
bbq, better homes and gardens, cocktails, drinks, easy, entertaining, fruit, margaritas, melon, Menu, Party, Party recipes, summer, vegan, vegetarian, watermelon
3 Responses to “ Let’s Party: Watermelon Margaritas ”