America’s birthday is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited to celebrate. As much as I love fireworks and working a red, white and blue color scheme into my attire for the day, my favorite part about Independence Day is by far the food. If you haven’t started planning your menu for the upcoming holiday, we’ve got a couple of suggestions from some of our favorite blogs.
2. I’m a sucker for a savory-sweet combo and these Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Mango Salsa from Damn Delicious look well, delicious. Not only are they topped with a spicy mango salsa, they also have a slice of fresh avocado. Yum!
3. Burgers with Roasted Tomatoes, Pesto and Mozzarella? Yes, please! This recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride takes a basic burger to a whole new level with garden-fresh tomatoes and herbs.
4. Switch up the salad section on your buffet table with this Potato Salad with Dill and Horseradish Aioli from A Thought for Food. This simple side dish is topped with a homemade horseradish dressing that’s sure to awaken your taste buds.
7. If you’re serving a crowd, this Triple Berry Sangria from Eclectic Recipes is perfect for your get-together. Prep the simple drink beforehand and spend your time socializing instead of in the kitchen.
12. Host the most patriotic party on the block with this Festive Fruited Cheesecake Flag from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. Now for the difficult decision: Choose a piece with blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries?
Enjoy the friends, fireworks and food!
-Kenzie, BHG Social Media Editorial Assistant
Delish Dish | Tags:
4th of July, 4th of July dessert recipes, 4th of July recipes, Baking, chicken recipe, Desserts, drinks, Fireworks, Food, Fourth of July, grilling, Patriotic, Potato Salad, Recipe, Red, White and Blue
4 Responses to “ Best of the Blogs: Fourth of July Recipes ”