Sweet potatoes are everywhere right now! This is a carb packed with fiber and vitamins- so good for you. There is so much you can do with them, even add them to pizza! I modified this recipe for Potato Pizza and it was delicious. It’s a lighter “white” type pizza and instead of sauce there is just olive oil, herbs and cheese. I used pre-made dough but if you’d like to make your own, here’s a great recipe. This could be served as an appetizer or main course.
Sweet Potato Pizza
- 1 ten ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (perhaps a little more)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 eight ounce package shredded four-or five-cheese blend pizza cheese (2 cups)
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 – 3 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15×10-inch cookie sheet or 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Unroll pizza dough. Transfer to greased pan, pressing out dough with your hands to a 12×10-inch rectangle. Build up edges slightly. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olive oil and garlic. Brush over hot crust. Sprinkle with half of the cheese blend. Arrange sliced potatoes over all. Sprinkle remaining cheese and the rosemary over potatoes. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Makes 10 appetizer servings.
The Forest Feast is a blog by Erin Gleeson full of simple, colorful vegetable based recipes with photos and watercolor illustration. After working for many years as a food photographer in NYC, Erin moved to a cabin in the woods where she is currently working on The Forest Feast Cookbook. Follow Erin on Twitter and Instagram, @theforestfeast.
6 Responses to “ Ingredient Obsession: Sweet Potato Pizza ”