Written on November 8, 2012 at 8:30 am , by Erin Gleeson
Greetings from the woods! I am Erin Gleeson, the creator of the food blog The Forest Feast. After working as a food photographer in New York City for many years, I recently moved to a cabin in the woods in Northern California. The Forest Feast features simple recipes that I present visually, using my handwriting, photography, and watercolor illustration. I am excited to be working with Better Homes and Gardens to share some of their recipes, like these Spiced Apricots in Dark Chocolate that I made recently for a party, and they were a hit! I entertain often and I will certainly make these apricots again- they are unique, colorful, and easy to prepare ahead. Delish!
- 3 ounces bittersweet (dark) chocolate, chopped (approx one bar)
- 1 seven ounce package dried apricot halves
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (regular or ground chipotle chile pepper)
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper (plastic wrap also works); set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave chocolate on 50 percent power (medium) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. You can also melt the chocolate in a metal bowl set atop a pot of boiling water (double boiler).
2. Dip each apricot half halfway into melted chocolate; place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with ground chili powder while the chocolate is still soft. Let stand about 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened.
One Response to “Let’s Party: Spiced Apricots in Dark Chocolate”