Kitchen Trends Worth Embracing
Many millions of dollars are spent each year in campaigns to direct your attention to what’s new and noteworthy in kitchen design, and there are entire conferences dedicated to the topic. Kitchen trends come and go, some may fit your style, some may not, but take a peek at these design choices worth considering that may prove more timeless than trendy in the years to come.
1. Multiple Cabinet Finishes. A growing trend in kitchen design is ignoring the “every cabinet should match” philosophy of past decades and embracing a two or even three tone color scheme combining both paint and stain finishes. It’s a look that adds interest and keeps the eye moving around the space.
2. Painting the Cabinet Interiors. If you’re hesitant to resurface or paint the exterior of your cabinets, consider the interiors as an alternative. A bold blue adds a welcome dose of color to an all white kitchen and highlights the decorative and daily use dishes housed within.
3. Tiling Up to the Ceiling. Tile no longer stands alone on a backsplash or behind a range, these days it’s taking center stage as a wall treatment, wrapping around windows and upper cabinets all the way to the ceiling for a dramatic effect.
4. Feel Good Color. Painting your cabinets in an unpredictable shade is less of a trend and more of a style statement, but if there is a hue that feels good to you each and every time you see it, why not paint your cabinets in that very color to make the space in which you’ll spend the most time in the happiest place on earth.
5. Drama Up Above. Who says the kitchen cabinets should get all the attention? Look up to the ceiling to add a dose of high drama with a bold color, especially if you’re lucky enough to have architectural details like beams or a coffered ceiling.
6. Skip the Window Treatment. Morning light is nature’s way of waking us up in the morning and a view to the outdoors provides instant serenity, so let the light shine in by eliminating the window treatment to enjoy the clean lines that a simple window frame provides.
7. Colorful Appliances. The days of just stainless, white, or black appliances are over, now manufacturers make appliances readily available in bold colors. If you opt for one, bounce the same color around the room with a coat of paint on the island or cheerful dishes on display.
8. Go Green. The movement to be environmentally conscious is growing, and the choices for consumers are also increasing each and every year. Bamboo floors are a perfect example of a beautiful and sustainable product worthy of installation.
9. Include Artwork. Abstracts and landscapes aren’t just for the living room, they bring style and color to your kitchen too. Consider sacrificing a few upper cabinets to make room for a favorite work of art that makes you smile every time you see it.
10. Practicality as a Priority. For years, spacious kitchens have included an island with barstools for convenient snacking, but we’re also seeing the purposeful return of the eat in kitchen incorporating either a large island or table that makes room for everyone to gather and is reminiscent of the 50s and 60s when families grabbed breakfast and lunch together inside the kitchen.
What are your favorite trends in kitchen style and design?
More Kitchen Related Articles:
18 Responses to “ Kitchen Trends Worth Embracing ”