Investing in furniture designed in classic shapes is a guarantee those pieces will never go out of style, and a timeless look is one we all seek when decorating our homes. Over the course of time, you may look around your spaces and find it feels dated in certain ways, and you’re craving a modern twist to mix things up!
When the mood strikes, there’s no need to completely remodel when a dose of contemporary style may be all you need. Here are seven spaces that showcase what good things can happen when traditional meets modern.
1) The white brick pattern tile and the neoclassical inspired mirror are the traditional details in this powder room, but the sculptural vanity and geometric wallpaper add a modern design aesthetic.
2) Refresh a traditional dining room by breaking up the dining set and introducing a stylish chair with contrast to surround the table. White Chippendale faux bamboo chairs upholstered in a fresh geometric fabric and a pastel Chevron patterned armchair invigorate this otherwise conventional dining space.
3) Bringing home a modern touch can be done in small doses. In this family room, a bold zebra fabric reinvents a traditional French chair while a contemporary coffee table with graphic lines brings welcome contrast to the classic neutral seating.
4) Old wood dressers are valued for their history and quality of craftsmanship, and when mixed with an Eames molded armchair, the combination is eclectic and fresh.
5) A healthy dose of style is introduced into this living room in the form of modern art, a wire back chair, and white lattice ceramic stools. These contemporary touches perfectly complement the classic gold leaf finishes and tailored furnishings.
6) A traditional living room is given a brand new look with the introduction of three elements: a contemporary geometric rug, a brightly colored Ikat upholstered ottoman, and a variegated grasscloth textured wallpaper.
7) Cafe style seating and a wood pedestal table will never go out of style, and the vivid and vogue modern fixture adds an unexpected twist to this chic gathering space.
If you’re seeking a fresher look for your traditional spaces, don’t rid your home of classic furnishings. Instead take a cue from the spaces on display and introduce a few modern accents. Consider a new light fixture, an interesting wall treatment, a geometric or exotic fabric, or a new area rug to mix it up and make your home feel new again!
7 Responses to “ When Traditional Meets Modern ”