Small Space Storage Solutions
Square footage is of prime value in apartments, townhouses, and smaller homes and those who dwell within always seek to maximize every square inch of space. Thankfully there are clever affordable solutions for those who reside in spaces where storage is limited. Here are ten savvy small space solutions to inspire a weekend makeover in your condo or casa.
1. Purchase a small console that fits on an entry wall, and remember a lower shelf is an added bonus! Use the top as a desk and baskets below for a centralized solution designed to hold everyday necessities for grab and go convenience.
2. Avoid clutter taking over your countertops by installing a charging station inside a drawer. Drill a hole in the back of a dresser or desk to accommodate the cord of a hidden power strip.
3. Transform an armoire into a pantry or dish and linen storage center perfect for a small space kitchen or dining zone.
4. Turn a stock cabinet into a rolling kitchen island that offers both a prep surface and valuable storage below. If designed with casters, it can roll out of the way when the countertop is not in use.
5. Install a recessed medicine cabinet between the wall studs for bathroom toiletries and necessities.
6. Maximize vertical wall space by hanging a pegboard above a desk to store craft or office supplies. Paint it a cheery hue for a punch of color!
7. Two bookcases plus a wood countertop multitask in any space by providing storage and a writing desk for catching up on email, paying bills, or for hobbies such as scrapbooking or crafting.
8. Inexpensive wood crates painted in bright colors bring fresh style to a bathroom. Multiply the number of crates to create affordable and unique bookshelves in an office or as media storage in a living room.
9. Stack two shipping pallets and top them with a solid surface to give yourself a coffee table with storage for reading material inside.
10. Create your own room divider between entry and living space by combining three ready-to-assemble cabinets and positioning them next to each other to divide the singular space. You’ll create an instant entryway and multiply your storage as well. Here are the details on how to make a room divider with cabinets.
Wherever you reside and whatever your living situation, there are always creative ways to conquer clutter and store your stuff! Stay tuned for even more articles on the topic coming in January with a focus on getting organized and maximizing storage!
9 Responses to “ Small Space Storage Solutions ”