10 Small Space Home Offices
It’s so nice to have a separate room dedicated solely to a home office, however the luxury of that extra square footage isn’t possible for everyone. We all face the daily obligations of responding to email or bill paying, so a space for a home office makes sense for most of us. Here are ten ideas for setting up a home office absent a room solely dedicated to the task.
1. The Secretary. How tidy is this solution? A portable piece of furniture like an armoire or secretary allows you to store supplies for correspondence and then close it up at day’s end when your tasks are complete.
2. The Corner. Truth is, corners exist in every room, right? Take a look around and ask yourself, is there one corner where you could add some upper cabinets and a desk below? If so, that’s the place to insert a home office!
3. The Alcove. A narrow space that includes shelves and a desk becomes a stylish work station with room for storage behind a pretty fabric skirt.
4. The Cart. Portability is a bonus with this setup! If space permits, wheel it into a closet or spare room so it disappears when visitors arrive.
5. The Wall. An office can be created virtually anywhere along a blank wall, whether it’s the top of the stairs or a wide hallway.
6. The Dining Room. In any home with a formal dining room, consider using it as a home office/library instead. Store your books on shelves along walls and treat it as a library and home office by day. A table in the center can easily be set for guests when its time to entertain and serve a meal.
7. The Kitchen. Tucked away in a kitchen, a home office in this zone allows you to keep an eye on the spaghetti as you socialize online or search for new recipes.
8. The Craft Zone. Have you dedicated a space in your home to your creative side? Fantastic! Why not incorporate some office supplies too, adjacent to your laptop. Scrapbook, craft, and pay bills all at the same time with a multitasking zone like this.
9. The Niche. A few square feet can make for a cozy office space, such as this niche with built in cabinetry. It’s the perfect place to catch up on email and balance the checkbook too.
10. The Spare. A guest or spare room is another great place to insert a desk for use by day while visitors use the space to slumber by night.
Small space living never means you need sacrifice a fully functional home office! With a little creativity, you can steal some square footage in a corner, niche, or alcove in your home and include a place for a computer and office supplies.
Where have you set up a home office in your home?
21 Responses to “ 10 Small Space Home Offices ”