Inviting Autumn Table Settings
Gathering around the table to share a meal is a favorite occurrence for so many of us and what better time is there to enjoy savory food and good company than the autumn season. As I drive around town running various errands this month, I can feel the change of the season in the air and I observe the piles of leaves that begin to collect in the street from now until November.
In anticipation of setting a table for the fall season, I’ve collected six simple ideas for setting an inviting autumn table. Enjoy!
1. Seasonal Abundance. Pumpkins and fall leaves are readily available this time of year, and the pumpkin plus leaf medley is a no fail combination. Whether your pumpkins are big and your branches are small or vice versa, the two go hand in hand when setting your seasonal table. So many of us have wood tables so skip the tablecloth, keep your table bare, and corral natural elements together for a casual display.
2. Unexpected Elements. Consider the chandelier or nearby sideboard as a place to put autumn bounty on display, or even books from a nearby bookshelf as props for your seasonal gourds.
3. Light It Up. There’s no debate about the ambiance that is achieved through glowing candlelight. Surround multiple pillars or single votive candles with branches, fruits, gourds, or berries for an effortless centerpiece.
4. Leaf Motif. Details matter when setting an inviting autumn table, and changing leaves are a symbol of the season. Use cardstock cutouts or the real thing to add that extra detail to the edges of your tablecloth or the center of a place setting.
5. Varied Heights. One of the key elements of an interesting fall display is the visual movement that occurs with objects and accessories displayed at varying heights. Play with textures, containers, and natural objects to achieve the look when creating your own vignette on your table.
6. Everyday Elegance. Combine your everyday white plates with glass vases filled with branches and berries brought in from the outdoors. Simple seasonal botanicals enhance the serenity of a mostly white tablescape.
Fall is that special time of year when we head outdoors in cable knit sweaters, embrace the colors of spice in our homes, and gather around the fireplace with family. Don’t let the season pass by without spending quality time with your favorite people. Tie some ribbon around a mini pumpkin on your breakfast table and invite your best friends over for tea to savor the beauty of this time of year.
Wishing you all the very best the autumn season brings !
9 Responses to “ Inviting Autumn Table Settings ”